TWENEBOAH KODUA BOAKYE
Tweneboah Kodua Boakye is the Executive Secretary of the Ghana Association of Savings and Loans Companies (GHASALC) as of September 2017. At GHASALC, Mr. Boakye is in charge of the day-to-day administration and serves as the key spokesperson for the Association. He is engaged in advocacy, policy formulation and all relevant stakeholder engagements as far as the Association and the Savings and Loans sector is concerned.
Prior to GHASALC, Mr. Boakye was the Executive Director at Nkosuo Micro-finance Limited, a company he co-founded and managed for 7 years in Accra, Ghana. He was also the Southern Sector President of the Ghana Association of Micro-finance Companies (GAMC) overseeing 5 Regions and also a National Board Member of the Association. Prior to his career with Nkosuo, he worked as an Operations Officer and Customer Team Leader with Barclays Bank Ghana Limited (DST) from 2007 to 2010.
Tweneboah is very passionate about organizational and regulatory compliance within the financial sector. He is an experienced corporate and private administrator with strong interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills. His interests include enhancing compliance to Internal Controls, Credit Risk Management and Investments. He has attended and facilitated a number of workshops, seminars and conferences on Microfinance, Advocacy, Regulatory Compliance, Curriculum Development, Negotiations, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and many other topics covering the financial sector both locally and internationally.
Tweneboah is also a Lay Gospel Preacher and a Sunday School Teacher in the Methodist Church Ghana as well as a Corporate Board Secretary to a number of companies in the Financial Services Industry in Ghana. He loves training, facilitation, lecturing, traveling, presentations/debating, coaching, volunteering and counseling. Tweneboah is married with four boys.
Certifications and Expertise:
- Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG).
- Certified Expert in Micro-finance (CEMF) from the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany.
- Certified Credit Administrator certificate from the National Banking College, Accra – Ghana
- Project Management Programme Certificate from Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Ghana.
- Curriculum Development Professional and Facilitator in the area of Micro-finance Operations, Financial Management, Budgeting and Financial Statements Analysis for Decision Making.
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) in Banking and Finance from Paris Graduate School of Management (Paris – France).
- Bachelor of Science in Geodetic Engineering from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST, – Ghana).
- Diploma in Strategic Marketing Management and Public Relations from the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM-UK).